Mobile Direct Thermal Barcode Labels
No Ribbon Required
DuraFast Label Company has a selection of mobile direct thermal labels designed specifically for mobile direct thermal barcode label printers. A variety of label sizes are available. With a small core size and outside diameter, our mobile direct thermal labels are just as portable as your mobile label printer.
Mobile printing typically takes place in a variety of challenging environments, making it important to choose mobile direct thermal label carefully to match the environmental conditions you will be operating the mobile printer in. We carry a variety of direct thermal label materials optimized for mobile printing applications such as:
Our mobile direct thermal labels fall under the following categories:
- Premium – These high-sensitivity, receipt-grade mobile direct thermal labels are best when print quality is a top priority. Premium mobile direct thermal labels produce clean, dark labels.
- Premium Durable – These high-sensitivity direct thermal labels feature a top-coating to protect from environmental exposures like UV light, humidity, chemical exposure, and abrasions. These labels are made with a heavy paper stock and produce dark, crisp labels.
- Archival – Need your labels to withstand the test of time (up to 25 years when properly stored)? Our archival mobile direct thermal labels feature industry-leading archival properties and environmental resistance.
- All Weather – Featuring top-coated synthetic label materials, our all weather mobile direct thermal labels offer excellent print quality, weather and moisture resistance, and maximum durability.
We carry a large selection of mobile direct thermal labels in the following sizes:
- 2-inch mobile direct thermal labels - 2-inch outside diameter rolls / half-inch core
- 3-inch mobile direct thermal labels - 2.25-inch outside diameter rolls / half-inch core
- 4-inch mobile direct thermal labels - 2.625-inch outside diameter rolls / half-inch core
- Mobile direct thermal labels on 2.625-inch outside diameter rolls / ¾-inch core
NON-TOPCOATED VS. TOPCOATED DIRECT THERMAL LABEL MATERIAL
Our mobile direct thermal labels have a heat-sensitive coating that reacts to the printer’s thermal printhead to produce an image. However, this coating also reacts to other environmental factors such as humidity, chemical contact, abrasions, and UV exposure, resulting in degraded image quality. A clear, protective top-coating is used to protect direct thermal labels from these elements.
That said, if your labels are intended for short-term use, a non-top-coated label is an economical choice as the label will no longer be needed once the image begins to degrade.
Choose a top-coated label if the label will be exposed to sunlight, water or moisture, abrasions or light chemicals. Choose a non-topcoated label if you have a short-duration labeling application.
Choose from a variety of standard sizes as listed below or contact us about getting custom label rolls made.