Afinia L501/L502 Labels
The Afinia L501, with its Duo Ink Technology, is an innovative label printer that can use either pigment or dye inks. However, while you can easily swap out the print head and inks, it’s important to match the ink type with the appropriate label material. To make it easier for you, we’ve detailed which label materials can be used with pigment and dye inks below.
Afinia L501/L502 Labels for Use with Pigment Ink
Pigment inks are used to produce durable, long-lasting industrial labels, waterproof labels, and GHS BS5609 chemical labels. Pigment inks are generally used with paper and polypropylene label materials and are NOT compatible with glossy synthetic labels such as glossy polyester, glossy polypropylene, or clear labels.
Thus, the following label types can be used with the the Afinia L501, the pigment print head, and pigment inks:
- Paper labels — matte and high gloss
- Tags - matte and high gloss
- Polypropylene labels — matte only (pigment inks are not compatible with glossy polypropylene labels)
- Chemical - GHS BS5609-compliant chemical labels
Afinia L501/L502 Labels for Use with Dye Ink
Dye inks are used for “prime” labeling applications such as consumer-facing product labels. They are more vibrant than pigment inks, but less durable. Thus, dye inks cannot be used to print chemical labels).
The following label types can be used with the Afinia L501, the dye print head, and dye inks:
• Paper labels - matte and high gloss
• Tags - matte and high gloss
• Polypropylene labels — matte and glossy
• Glossy Clear labels (Polyester & Polypropylene)
• Glossy Polyester labels (White, Gold & Silver)
Browse our selection of Afinia L501 labels below.