What is the difference between UniNet iColor 700 and Afinia L801 and VP700?
These three printers have several differences as outlined below:
- Technology – The UniNet iColor 700 is a single pass, 4 LED laser printer. The Afinia L801 and VIPColor VP700 are both dye based inkjet printers powered by Memjet technology. These technologies all allow for fast print speeds.
- Print speed – Both the Afinia and VIPColor are capable of speeds as fast as 60 feet per minute while the UniNet iColor 700 prints 30 feet per minute.
- Print quality – The iColor 700 has a resolution of 1200 x 600 dpi while the Afinia and VIPColor printers can print at 1600 dpi.
- Media capabilities – The iColor 700 has a variable media width of 6 to 8.5 inches, a max print width of 8.24 inches and a maximum roll diameter of 8 inches (500 feet). The Afinia L801 and VIPColor VP700 have a media width of 2 to 8.5 inches and can handle outside diameters of 8 inches.
- Consumables – the iColor 700 uses toner cartridges while the other two printers use large individual color ink tanks. The iColor has an optional white toner kit, allowing you to print white on clear or black labels.
How do the iColor label printers compare to their competitors?
We’ve created a printer comparison page comparing the iColor 700 and iColor 900 to competing color label printers. Click the links below to jump directly to the printer comparison of your choice:
- What differences are there between iColor 700 and iColor 900 printers?
- What is the difference between UniNet iColor 700 and Primera CX1000 color label printers?
- What is the difference between UniNet iColor 700 and Primera CX1200 color label printers?
- What is the difference between the iColor 900 and the Primera CX1200?
- What is the difference between the UniNet iColor 700, iSys Edge 850 and Afinia R635 color label printer?
- What is the difference between iColor 700 and Afinia L801 and VP700
- What is the difference between iColor 700 GHS Label Printer and Primera LX2000
- What is the difference between iColor 700 GHS label printer and the Epson GP-C831