What is the difference between UniNet iColor 700 GHS label printer and the Epson GP-C831?
The UniNet iColor 700 GHS label printer is a LED laser printer that can print GHS labels at speeds of 30 feet per minute while the Epson GP-C831 color label printer is a MicroPiezo water-based pigment inkjet label printer that prints at a maximum speed of 16.5 pages per minute. Both label printers comply with GHS BS5609 labeling requirements and are certified as such. The iColor 700 can print on our Glossy BOPP GHS BS5609 label material while the Epson GP-C831 GHS BS5609 chemical labels are only available with a matte finish.
The UniNet iColor 700 produces labels at 1200 x 600 dpi while the Epson GP-C831 color label printer has a lower resolution of 720 x 720 dpi. If your current GHS BS5609 labels do not require high resolution graphics or images, especially if you are currently printing your GHS labels using a 300 dpi thermal printer, then the Epson GP-C831 is a great buy at $1995 USD versus $15,995 USD for the iColor 700 GHS label printer. However, if you need a higher resolution, such as 1200 dpi, and a faster speed to produce a large quantity of labels on a daily basis, then the iColor 700 GHS label printer is the ideal solution for you. Send us your design file and we will print it on both of these printers to help you decide.
The two GHS label printers handle media differently, too. The Epson GP-C831 has an 8-pin tractor feeder, accepting fan-folded or label rolls (with optional unwinder and rewinder system) as wide as 3 to 9.5 inches for a maximum printed label of 8.5 x 22 inches. The iColor 700 GHS label printer accepts labels on rolls only from 6 to 8.5 inches wide.
The iColor 700 uses toner cartridges and has a white toner kit option available if you want to print non-GHS labels on Glossy Clear Polyester or black label material). The Epson GP-C831 color label printer uses pigment-based inks that come in individual CMYK cartridges.
Both printers are well suited for printing GHS BS5609 chemical drum labels, household product labels, barcodes, and other industrial label types.
- GP-C831 Matte Paper Labels
- GP-C831 High Gloss Paper Labels
- GP-C831 Matte Polypropylene Labels (BOPP)
- GP-C831 Chemical Labels (GHS BS5609 Labels)
- iColor 700 Matte Paper Labels
- iColor 700 High Gloss Paper Labels
- iColor 700 Semi Gloss Paper Labels
- iColor Glossy Polypropylene Labels (GHS BS5609 labels)
- iColor Premium Matte Polyester Labels (GHS BS5609 labels)
- iColor 700 Glossy Clear Polyester Labels
- iColor 700 Glossy White Polyester Labels
- iColor 700 Matte Vinyl Labels
- Plus many more for special applications
How do the iColor label printers compare to their competitors?
We’ve created a printer comparison page comparing the iColor 700 and iColor 900 to competing color label printers. Click the links below to jump directly to the printer comparison of your choice:
- What differences are there between iColor 700 and iColor 900 printers?
- What is the difference between UniNet iColor 700 and Primera CX1000 color label printers?
- What is the difference between UniNet iColor 700 and Primera CX1200 color label printers?
- What is the difference between the iColor 900 and the Primera CX1200?
- What is the difference between the UniNet iColor 700, iSys Edge 850 and Afinia R635 color label printer?
- What is the difference between iColor 700 and Afinia L801 and VP700
- What is the difference between iColor 700 GHS Label Printer and Primera LX2000
- What is the difference between iColor 700 GHS label printer and the Epson GP-C831