What is the difference between UniNet iColor 700 GHS Label Printer and Primera LX2000?
- Technology – These label printers use different technologies. The UniNet iColor 700 is a LED laser printer while the LX2000 is an inkjet label printer using an HP print engine and new water based pigment inks.
- GHS capabilities – Both of these label printers are certified to print GHS BS5609 labels when used with certified label stock.
- Print speed – Both are fast label printers. Both the UniNet iColor 700 and Primera LX2000 print at 30 feet per minute.
- Print quality – The Primera LX2000 brings unprecedented print quality to the GHS label printing market with 4800 dpi. In contrast, the iColor 700 prints at 1200 x 600 dpi.
- Media capabilities – The iColor 700 has a maximum print width of 8.24 inches and accepts a range of widths from 6 to 8.5 inches. The Primera LX2000 prints media up to 8 inches wide. The Primera LX2000 accepts rolls with a 6-inch outside diameter while the iColor 700 can handle rolls with an outside diameter of 8 inches.
- Consumables – The iColor 700 GHS label printer has an optional white toner kit available, allowing for the production of white graphics and text on clear or black labels. The Primera LX2000 does not support this. The Primera LX2000 features large individual ink tanks to lower the ink cost per label.
Another important difference between these two GHS label printers is this: The Primera LX2000 prints both GHS and “prime” labels thanks to its HP print engine and enhanced pigment inks. This label printer, with its 4800 dpi, can print beautiful product labels with the durability of GHS labels.
How do the iColor label printers compare to their competitors?
We’ve created a printer comparison page comparing the iColor 700 and iColor 900 to competing color label printers. Click the links below to jump directly to the printer comparison of your choice:
- What differences are there between iColor 700 and iColor 900 printers?
- What is the difference between UniNet iColor 700 and Primera CX1000 color label printers?
- What is the difference between UniNet iColor 700 and Primera CX1200 color label printers?
- What is the difference between the iColor 900 and the Primera CX1200?
- What is the difference between the UniNet iColor 700, iSys Edge 850 and Afinia R635 color label printer?
- What is the difference between iColor 700 and Afinia L801 and VP700
- What is the difference between iColor 700 GHS Label Printer and Primera LX2000
- What is the difference between iColor 700 GHS label printer and the Epson GP-C831