Label Printing 101
Full color digital label printers and thermal barcode printers have changed the way businesses approach product packaging and labeling. Custom label printing has become practical and affordable, enabling businesses to print their own labels and barcodes in-house. Here at DuraFast Label Company, we can help you do the same with the industry’s leading color label printing solutions ranging from Ksun handheld label printers, thermal barcode printers to color inkjet and color laser label printers, digital label presses, and more.
Why Bring Custom Label Printing In-House
Today’s label printing equipment produces high resolution labels and barcodes that rival the quality of commercial services, but without the large order requirements, high cost, setup fees, and long delays. Sticker label printing takes place on demand, enabling you to print labels as needed. Because you control your custom label printing runs, there’s no more excess inventory or waste. If the information on your custom product labels changes frequently, you’ll appreciate the ability to edit your product labels before printing them.
Sticker Label Printing Made Simple
When paired with the right type of label printing equipment and label design software, sticker and barcode label printing becomes a simple task. Whether you need to print basic barcodes or intricate custom product labels, we can help you select the best label printing solution for your budget and label printing needs.
For example, there are several common use cases:
- Portable label printing — Handheld label printers are among the most portable label printers available. They are commonly used by field technicians and others who need to label electrical panels, junction boxes, patch panels, cables, and other items at various locations. Ksun handheld label printers are also popular in warehouses, libraries, and offices.
- Thermal barcode label printing — Thermal barcode label printers typically produce black barcodes on white label materials. Using direct thermal barcode printers eliminates the need for ribbons while thermal transfer barcode printers do use ribbons. Some thermal barcode printers can be used with or without ribbons. Thermal barcode printers tend to be compact units. They’re used for everything from barcode label printing to sticker label printing, food service label printing, mailroom label printing, healthcare label printing, and receipt printing.
- Full color custom label printing — Color inkjet label printers and color laser label printers allow businesses to print their own high-resolution custom product labels, tags, tickets, wristbands, and more in full color. Color label printing is ideal for all types of businesses including manufacturers, healthcare providers, breweries, wineries, bakeries, pet food companies, cannabis producers, hotels, restaurants, conference organizers, and more. We carry everything from compact desktop units to full blown digital color label presses with label printers to meet any budget.
Whether you need to print barcodes, junction box labels, receipts, 4-inch product labels, badges, wristbands, or large chemical drum labels, our custom label printing experts can help you select the best color label printer to reach your custom label printing goals.
What You Need for In-House Custom Label Printing
In order to get started with in-house label printing, you’ll need the appropriate equipment and supplies.
For basic handheld printing, you’ll need:
For thermal barcode printing, you’ll need:
- Thermal barcode printers (direct thermal printer or thermal transfer printer)
- Thermal labels (direct thermal labels (no ribbon required) or thermal transfer labels (require ribbon)
- Ribbons (for thermal transfer barcode printers)
- Barcode design software (many of our thermal barcode printers come with free GoLabel barcode design software)
For color custom label printing, you’ll need:
- Color inkjet label printers or color laser label printers
- Compatible blank labels (inkjet labels or laser labels)
- Replacement ink or toner cartridges
- Label and barcode design software (some color label printers come with label design software. If not, or if you want a more robust solution, we carry BarTender and NiceLabel label design software, RIP software, and variable data printing software).
- Optional label printing accessories such as label dispensers, applicators, cutters, rewinders, unwinders, and label finishing systems
DuraFastLabel.com sells everything you need to do your own label printing. From custom product label printing and bottle label printing to sticker label printing, barcode printing and handheld product stickers and barcodes, we have everything you need to get started. Buy online.