With inflation rearing its ugly head, prices are going up. The pandemic, global supply chain issues, trucking disruptions, and other factors are to blame. One way to offset rising costs is to be smart about how you buy business supplies, including labels. Labels are a necessary business expense, so it pays to be smart about how you purchase them.
Here are a few tips:
- Hedge your bets by buying labels when prices are lower and stock up. This strategy works especially well for larger companies that use a lot of labels but can also work for small businesses.
- Buy factory direct when possible to avoid the cost of a middleman. DuraFast Label Company manufactures labels for leading label printers including Epson, Afinia, Primera, and others. We offer low minimums and fast turnaround times.
- Buy in bulk. We offer thermal labels by the pallet and can provide substantial discounts off of the per-roll price.
- Save on shipping costs by ordering enough labels to meet our $200 free shipping threshold. In fact, you may want to double up on your orders to take advantage of this offer as well as hedge against future price increases.
- Use a label printer to create your own labels instead of buying preprinted ones. We sell a variety of thermal and inkjet label printers that will save you money in the long run. The return on investment (ROI) for a label printer can be as little as a few months when you factor in the cost of preprinted labels, high minimum order quantities, and wasted inventory.
- Use economical label stock for your less critical applications. For example, if you're using a premium label for shipping or address labels that will end up in the recycling bin as soon as the package arrives, consider using a less expensive label material. DuraFast Label Company offers a variety of label stocks for different applications and budgets. In fact, it may even make sense to switch to a different type of label printing technology for certain applications.
- Review your label designs regularly to see if you can eliminate or combine some to save money. For example, if you're using two separate labels on your packages, it might make sense to combine them into a single label.
- Use DuraFast Label Company's discount codes and take advantage of our special offers. For example, if you are in the market for a new label printer, be sure to check out our promotions where you can get free labels at the time of printer purchase -- in some cases up to $1000 worth (depends on the printer model).
- Work with a knowledgeable label expert who can help you select the right type of label for your application and budget. DuraFast Label Company has many years of experience helping companies save money on their labels.
Bottom line: With a little planning and some shrewd buying, you can save money on labels. In a time of rising prices, it's more important than ever to be smart about how you buy labels. Follow these tips and you'll be able to save money while still getting the quality labels your business needs.