Purpose built for enterprise label production environments, the Epson ColorWorks C6000 and C6500 series is a family of full color pigment inkjet printers designed to replace black-and-white thermal transfer printers. In total, there are four models in the C6000/C6500 series:
- Epson ColorWorks C6000A color label printer — 4-inch model with an auto cutter.
- Epson ColorWorks C6000P color label printer — 4-inch model with peeler.
- Epson ColorWorks C6500A color label printer — 8-inch model with auto cutter.
- Epson ColorWorks C6500P color label printer — 8-inch model with peeler.
Aside from these differences, the CW-C6000/CW-6500 series printers share a common set of features that include:
- Up to 1200dpi print resolution
- Up to 5 inches per second print speeds
- Fast first time to label
- Epson PrecisionCore TFP serial printhead technology
- Epson UltraChrome DL pigment ink
- Remote printer management
- Integration and compatibility with ZPL II, ESC/Label, and a broad range of middleware and enterprise applications
- Meets BS5609 certification when used with our DuraFast Pigment Chemical labels
- Windows, Mac OS, and Linux drivers
- Applicator I/O control port that can be integrated into just about any workflow
What are the Differences Between the Epson CW-C6000 and the Epson CW-C6500?
The main difference between these two models is the size of label they print. The Epson CW-C6000 color label printer is a 4-inch printer that prints labels up to 4 inches in width while the Epson ColorWorks C6500 color label printer is an 8-inch printer that prints labels up to 8 inches wide. Because the CW-C6500 prints larger labels, it is also slightly larger than the CW-C6000.
The printers also have different media handling capabilities. The CW-C6000 supports label rolls with an 8-inch outside diameter while the CW-6500 supports label rolls with up to a 6-inch outside diameter.
Both the Epson ColorWorks C6000 and the Epson ColorWorks C6500 come with either an auto cutter or a peeler.
- Auto cutter models — The built-in auto cutter allows for printing and cutting labels of varying lengths and easy job separation. The “A” in the model number, such as CW-C6000A, indicates that the printer has an auto cutter.
- Peel-and-present models — The peeler is a first for color inkjet label printers. This option allows for peel and present, which means the label is printed, peeled from its lining and presented to the operator who can quickly remove and apply it. The “P” in the model number, such as CW-C6500P, indicates that the printer has a built-in peeler.
|Part Number||Model||Print Width||Label Roll OD (outside diameter)||Auto Cutter||Peeler|
|C31CH76101||CW-C6000A||4 inches||8 inches (optional external unwinder for larger rolls up to 10” OD)||Yes||No|
|C31CH76201||CW-C6000P||4 inches||8 inches (optional external unwinder for larger rolls up to 10” OD)||No||Yes|
|C31CH77101||CW-C6500A||8 inches||6 inches (optional external unwinder for larger rolls up to 10” OD)||Yes||No|
|C31CH77201||CW-C6500P||8 inches||6 inches (optional external unwinder for larger rolls up to 10” OD)||No||Yes|
Epson CW-C6000 and CW-C6500 Inks
Epson ColorWorks C6000 and C6500 color label printers use four individual pigment ink cartridges (cyan, magenta, yellow, and black). DuraFast Label Company carries everything you need to get started with the Epson CW-C6000 or CW-C6500 color label printer Epson CW-C6000 ink cartridges and Epson CW-C6500 ink cartridges, a maintenance box, and media spindles.
|Media Spindle 4”||C32C881101||Extra media spindle for 4” printers|
|Media Spindle 8”||C32C881301||Extra media spindle for 8” printers|
|SJIC35P(K)||C13T44B120||C6000/C6500 Ink Cartridge – Black|
|SJIC35P©||C13T44B220||C6000/C6500 Ink Cartridge – Cyan|
|SJIC35P(M)||C13T44B320||C6000/C6500 Ink Cartridge – Magenta|
|SJIC35P(Y)||C13T44B420||C6000/C6500 Ink Cartridge – Yellow|
|S JMB6000/6500||C33S021501||C6000/C6500 Maintenance Box|
What is the Spindle?
Spindles allow you to preload label rolls onto a spindle that easily inserts into the printer, making swapping out label rolls quick and easy.
How large are the C6000/C6500 ink cartridges?
Each of the C6000/C6500 ink cartridges contains 70ml of pigment ink.
What is the C6000/C6500 maintenance box?
When cleaning the printhead, excess ink is used and must be collected. When the maintenance box becomes full, you must replace it.
Epson CW-C6000 and CW-C6500 Labels
We carry a large selection of blank labels engineered specifically for use with Epson ColorWorks C6000 and C6500 color pigment inkjet label printers. Browse through our CW-C6500 labels for 6” OD label rolls and labels that go up to 8” wide. Note, larger 8” OD rolls will require the CW-C6500 External Label Unwinder. For CW-C6000 labels, just browse our Epson TM-C7500G labels. Here you will find selection of 6” OD and 8” OD roll labels that go up to 4” wide or, if you don’t find what you need, request a custom quote for custom C6000/C6500 labels made to your exact specifications.
What type of Label Media can the ColorWorks C6000 and C6500 print on?
The CW-C6000 and CW-C6500 use the same ink type as the Epson TM-C7500G. These inks allow for the widest selection of different media that can be printed with these printers. DuraFast Label Company offers the following media or can custom make labels with the following media to meet your business needs:
Matte – General purpose matte paper labels specifically designed for Epson inks.
High Gloss – General purpose paper-based labels with a high gloss topcoat for a shiny surface that allows the colors to pop. High gloss media produces photographic quality labels and is specifically designed for Epson inks.
Synthetics (BOPP) – We have matte and high gloss polypropylene film-based labels for greater durability than paper. These are also great for using with lotions, cosmetics, and/or oils and so on.
Synthetics (Polyester) – We have a large selection of polyester film-based glossy labels in white silver, gold and clear. Polyester film provides the best durability and resistance to heat, and these films are specifically designed for the Epson inks.
Chemical (GHS BS5609 ) – All of our chemical label stocks are GHS BS5609 compliant and are great for using with your traditional chemical products. Plus, they are also great for outdoor label applications or labels that need to be immersed in water for a long period of time. Our chemical label stock provides the most durable labels you can produce. Chemical labels are only available in a MATTE finish.
Epson ColorWorks C6000 and C6500 Label Printers Vs. Other ColorWorks Label Printers
Like other ColorWorks models, Epson CW-C6000 and CW-C6500 color label printers use pigment inks and can produce durable, full color labels — including GHS BS5609 labels. However, there are some differences in the print technology. Primarily, the Epson CW-C6000 and CW-C6500 label printers use Epson’s PrecisionCore TFP serial printheads. Because these are serial rather than fixed printheads, the printhead must move across the label multiple times in high resolution print mode. In contrast, Epson’s C7500 color label printer has higher print speeds because it’s based on PrecisionCore TFP with Nozzle Checking Verification Technology.
Perhaps the biggest difference between the CW-C6000 series printers and the Epson TM-C7500 and Epson TM-C3500 label printers is the target market.
- Epson TM-C3500 label printers — Great for healthcare providers, labs, small manufacturers, and small and mid-sized business. This small form factor printer prints at 720 dpi and can print labels up to 4 inches wide. It only works with Windows drivers and is designed for use with a stand-alone workstation.
- Epson TM-C7500 and Epson TM-C7500G color label printers — Offering both speed and quality, these ColorWorks color label printers are an excellent choice for small and mid-sized manufacturers but lack the integrations and advanced remote printer management features needed by enterprise organizations. These are ideal for stand-alone, digital color label production with the fastest print speed in the industry at close to 12 inches per second at 1200 DPI print resolution. The only setback is that they only print up to 4-inch wide labels and only have Windows drivers.
- Epson ColorWorks C6000 and C6500 color label printers — Designed specifically for enterprise organizations and large manufacturers, these label printers integrate beautifully into existing workflows and can do everything black-and-white thermal transfer printers do, but with color.
Warranty and Support Options C6000/C6500
Because they are designed for mission-critical environments, downtime could be a costly problem. Epson offers customers a choice between two incredible warranty support programs:
- Spare In the Air — With this option you can purchase up to three years of Spare in the Air coverage. If technical support cannot resolve the warranty issue over the phone, Epson will ship a replacement within two business days.
- On-site-Service – This option is available in terms up to three years. The on-site service option means that a service technician will resolve the issue onsite at your business.
If I order an Epson CW-C6000 or CW-C6500 label printer today, when will I get it?
Demand is high for these printers since customers have been waiting for them for quite some time. All of the CW-C6500A and CW-C6500P (the two 8-inch-wide label printers) orders we are currently receiving will start shipping to customers starting Jan 13, 2020.
All of the orders for the CW-C6000A and CW-C6000P (the two 4-inch-wide label printers) will start shipping to customers on May 18, 2020.
Pre-Order Promotion – Receive $1,000 in Free Label Credit
Pre-order an Epson ColorWorks C6000 or Epson ColorWorks C6500 during the pre-order period to receive $1,000 in free label credit using discount code C6500PRE. When you add the printer to your shopping cart, select the labels you’d like to receive for free (up to $1,000 worth), and enter the C6500PRE discount code. From there, $1,000 in labels will be deducted from the order at the time of checkout.